★ The Kroger Distribution Center is opening in Groveland in just a few weeks. We hosted their team last week to discuss partnerships, the skilled pipeline of workers, and other ways we can all work together.
★ Mr. Stacy Hale, a senior leader from the Johnson Space Center in Houston, visited the CNC program as part of the NASA Hunch partnership. He was greatly impressed with the facility, the students, and instructor Dave Felker.
★ Lake Tech will be represented at the Mount Dora Middle School Career Fair on March 12.
★ National Technical Honor Society
Fifty-two students were nominated for the National Technical Honor Society. The Induction Ceremony will be held on Thursday, March 11 at 2:30 pm at the Eustis Community Center.
★ Spotlight on New Employees
Debbie Donovan, Admissions
- Why did you decide to work at Lake Tech? I wanted to work somewhere that I felt I would have longevity, and pride in my job. After speaking with Kim, Deanna, and Ila during my interview, I ask what drew them to Lake Tech, and why they stayed, and after hearing their heartfelt answers I knew this is where I wanted to be.
- What are your hobbies or interests? I love to sing, and dance. I love to workout. I love books. I would love to live by the beach.
- Do you have a pet and if so, what kind? I have 2 pets at the moment. A Coonhound/Doberman mix puppy named Maximus (Max), and a Bearded Dragon named Barbosa.
- What is something that would surprise us about you? Over a year ago I started training to be a physique competitor. I had lost 50 lbs., and gained a lot of muscle. Unfortunately, due to the quarantine, and the gyms closing, I stopped. I hope to get back into fitness like I was again very soon as it’s still a passion.
Elizabeth Garcia, Business Office
- Why did you decide to work at Lake Tech? When I began looking for a new position, I purposefully sought out company that is committed to integrity, generosity and innovation and your company ranks at the top of the list for me.
- What are your hobbies or interests? My hobbies or interests are: Sharing with my family, singing, dancing, reading, playing tennis, and helping others.
- Do you have a pet and if so, what kind? My pet is a Jack Russell Terrier. He is a happy dog and he love us (daughter, hubby and me). He is the most beautiful dog on the Universe.
- What is something that would surprise us about you? You might be surprised if I tell you that I jump from a parachute.