(The Council on Occupational Education (COE) does not accredit avocational programs such as Adult Applied Academic Education (AAAE), Adult Basic Education (ABE), English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), and GED preparation. In addition, avocational programs do not qualify for Title IV financial aid assistance.)
Hours: Days and times vary at all locations throughout Lake County. Please refer to the class schedule below for more detailed information.
Cost: There is a $25 testing fee for new students. Tuition is $30 per term plus $25 registration fee. ESOL classes are not accredited by the Council on Occupational Education and do not qualify for Title IV financial aid assistance.
Testing Requirements: CASAS intake and pre-test when applicable.
Mission: The mission of the ESOL program is to provide English language acquisition assistance to adult speakers of other languages.
Click this link for the ESOL class schedule and locations.
Need an online translator? Check out Babelfish
¿Necesita un Traductor en línea? Haga clic en Babelfish
Benefits to you
- Individualized instruction
- Computer assisted learning in most of the classrooms (click here to find locations)
- Self-paced learning environment
What you will learn
- How to speak, read and write in English and improve listening skills
- To improve English skills in foundations, beginning, intermediate or advanced levels
- To utilize English for daily living skills, citizenship or a vocation
After ESOL you can start
- Adult Basic Education (ABE)
- GED Prep
- Adult Applied Academic Education (AAAE)
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) Program
- Other postsecondary options
Steps to Enroll
- Take the CASAS intake and pre-test when applicable
- Meet with a career advisor
- Go to class and begin your new future
- Admissions Office
- Phone Number: 352.589.2250