(The Council on Occupational Education (COE) does not accredit avocational programs such as ESOL. In addition, avocational programs do not qualify for Title IV financial aid assistance.)
Hours: 9:15 am – 12:15 pm on Monday through Thursday at the main campus. Days and times vary at other locations throughout Lake County.
Cost: There is a $25 testing fee for new students. Tuition is $30 plus a $20 registration fee.
Testing Requirements: Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
Mission: The mission of Adult General Education is to provide both basic and 21st century skills training that connects each student to his or her career path of success.
View the most recent class schedule and locations opens in new window.
To view the Master Plans of Instruction for the GED®, AAAE, ABE, or ESOL programs, visit the Adult Education General Information page.
This class is for
- Those who score over a 9.0 on the TABE test on Reading, Math AND Language.
- Those who score under a 9.0 will be enrolled in ABE (Adult Basic Education) classes to build the skills for achievement and success.
- Individualized instruction
- Self-paced learning environment
- Computer assisted learning in most of the classrooms
What you will learn
- To develop a career plan
- To perform basic math operations
- To demonstrate language skills in both mechanics and sentence structure
- To utilize reading comprehension skills
- To develop the skills necessary for success on the General Educational Development (GED) test
- To prepare for the academic tests in social studies, math, science, reading, and writing
After GED you can start
- Adult Applied Academic Education (AAAE for a Career Prep Program)
- A Career and Technical Education (CTE) Program
- Postsecondary education
Steps to Enroll
- Take the TABE
- Meet with a career advisor
- Register and pay fee
- Go to class and begin your new future
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: 352.589.2250