(The Council on Occupational Education (COE) does not accredit avocational programs such as Academic Skills Builder (ASB), Adult Basic Education (ABE), English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), and GED preparation. In addition, avocational programs do not qualify for Title IV financial aid assistance.)
Hours: Days and times vary at all locations throughout Lake County. Please refer to the class schedule below for more detailed information.
Cost: There is a $25 testing fee for new students. Tuition is $30 plus a $25 registration fee.
Testing Requirements: Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) and/or CASAS GOALS
Mission: The mission of Adult General Education is to provide both basic and 21st century skills training that connects each student to his or her career path of success.
To view the Master Plans of Instruction for the GED®, ASB, ABE, or ESOL programs, visit the Adult Education General Information page.
This class is for
- Those who score over a 9.0 on the TABE test on Reading, Math AND Language.
- Those who score under a 9.0 will be enrolled in ABE (Adult Basic Education) classes to build the skills for achievement and success.
- Individualized instruction
- Self-paced learning environment
- Computer assisted learning in most of the classrooms
What you will learn
- To develop a career plan
- To perform basic math operations
- To demonstrate language skills in both mechanics and sentence structure
- To utilize reading comprehension skills
- To develop the skills necessary for success on the General Educational Development (GED) test
- To prepare for the academic tests in social studies, math, science, reading, and writing
After GED you can start
- Academic Skills Builder (ASB for a Career Prep Program)
- A Career and Technical Education (CTE) Program
- Postsecondary education
Steps to Enroll
- Take the TABE
- Meet with a career advisor
- Register and pay fee
- Go to class and begin your new future
- Email: email@example.com new email
- Phone Number: 352.589.2250