No Tuition Increase for the 2023-24 school year!
Postsecondary Student Fee Calculation
Resident Student Tuition
Postsecondary Adult Vocational, Certificate (per clock hour) – $2.88
Adult Education – Block Tuition (per term) – $30.00
Out-of-State Student Tuition
Postsecondary Adult Vocational Certificate (per clock hour) – $11.52
Career and Technical Education Refund Policy
Occasionally it becomes necessary for a CTE student to withdraw or change programs at LTC. When this occurs and the student has completed all the steps for official withdrawal from class, a tuition refund may be given using the following guidelines.
- If LTC cancels a class, a class does not open as scheduled, 100% of all tuition and eligible fees will be refunded.
- If a student registers but never attends, 100% of all tuition and eligible fees will be refunded.
- Withdrawal through the closing of the fifth day of class per enrollment period, 100% of all tuition and eligible fees will be refunded for programs in which new students may be added.
- Schedule changes through the closing of the fifth day of class per enrollment period, 100% of all tuition and eligible fees will be refunded.
- No fees will be refunded after the closing of the fifth day of class per enrollment period. Industry certification fees which are not used are refundable.
- Activity, facility use, partial payment, technology and accident insurance fees are refundable within the first five days of enrollment period.
- Student kits are non-refundable if ordered or received by the student.
- Registration fee is non-refundable.
- After drop/add (first five days of class), students are responsible for charges incurred during the enrollment period.
- Balances on ID cards of less than $10.00 are non-refundable. Students who withdraw during a semester are responsible for tuition and partial payment fees.
- Testing fees for Florida Ready to Work, TEAS, TABE, and eCASAS, CASAS GOALS, and Certiport, are non-refundable and good for 30 days.
- No refund will be given for fees used to purchase required program malpractice insurance.
- Uniform items having personalized information (such as name) are not refundable.
- Refund requests for extenuating circumstances (e.g., death of immediate family member, hospitalization beyond one’s control; elective surgery and vacations not included) should follow the appeals process.
- No refunds will be made until all financial obligations have been cleared.
- If student tuition has been paid by a scholarship, the refund due will be returned to the scholarship fund or the agency that sponsored the student.
- When a student is due a refund, the refund will be processed within 45 days. No funds will be held for future use beyond the enrollment.
Refunds by check are paid directly to the student from the LTC Business Office.
Financial Aid Refund Policy
In the event a student has received financial aid and withdraws from a program, a statutory schedule is used to determine the amount of Title IV funds that student has earned as of the date he or she ceases to attend. The amount of Title IV Program assistance earned is based on the amount of time the student spent in academic attendance. Up through the 60% point in each payment period or period of enrollment, a pro-rata schedule is used to determine the amount of Title IV funds the student has earned at the time of withdrawal. After the 60% point in the payment period or period of enrollment, the student has earned 100% of the Title IV funds.
Adult Education Refund Policy
The Adult Education refund policy states:
- Students may request a full refund of fees prior to the class start date. No refund will be issued once the class has started.
- If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, students may either transfer to another class or receive a full refund of fees.
Corporate and Community Training Education/Fee Based Class Refund Policy
The Corporate and Community Training Education/Fee Based class refund policy states:
- Students may request a refund of both tuition and lab fees prior to the class start date.
- If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, students may either transfer to another class or receive a full refund of tuition and lab fees.
- Except in cases of documented medical emergency, tuition and fees will not be refunded if a class runs.
- Books purchased at Lake Tech may be returned within 10 business days in new, unwrapped (if applicable) condition.