Lake Technical College is proud to announce the addition of the new Patient Care Technician program. This is a 600-hour Pell Grant eligible program that can be completed in approximately 20 weeks. Students will learn:
- Professional ethics and legal responsibilities
- Recognition and response to emergency situations
- How to provide personal patient care and perform patient care procedures
- Nursing assistant skills related to the hospital, home and skilled nursing settings
- How to assist with restorative and rehabilitative activities
- EKG and phlebotomy aide related skills
As students complete the program, they have the opportunity to earn their Nursing Assistant Certification. Training and certification in these areas will qualify graduates for careers in hospitals, physician’s offices, nursing homes, or extended care facilities.
The first class is scheduled to start on August 12th, 2019. Prospective students can apply online at www.laketech.org. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
Lake Technical College is a public, post-secondary institution that offers high quality training for many promising careers. The main campus is located at 2001 Kurt St., Eustis. The Institute