For projected job openings in Mt. Dora, Tavares, Mascotte, The Villages, and Clermont Fire Departments for 2012.
Requirements: FF2/EMT/PM State of Florida certification, and a valid Florida Drivers License.
Test Overview: The test is comprised of two parts, a written test and physical agility test (PAT). The 100-question written test consists of 50 firefighter questions in reference to the IFSTA Essentials of Firefighting and Fire Department Operations 5th edition and 50 EMT questions in reference to Emergency Pre Hospital Emergency Care 9th edition. The written test is limited to the first 200 paid applicants, and the top 50 scoring applicants will qualify to take the PAT. The PAT is timed and you will be ranked according to the time it takes you to complete the test as well as your written score. The PAT is conducted in full bunker gear, breathing air, and consists of:
- Hammer slide
- Carrying a high rise pack (100ft of 1¾) to the 5th floor of the tower and down
- Hoist a roll of 2 1/2inch hose to the 5th floor of the tower on a rope
- Drag a 185lb rescue dummy 120 ft.
- Pull a charged, 1¾ inch hose line 75 ft.
Lake Tech will provide Scott SCBAs, if needed. There will also be a limited number of bunker coats and pants available. Lake Tech encourages you bring your own NFPA approved bunker gear. Applicants will have to provide their own gloves, hood, and boots.
Scores will be given to the participating departments for consideration when hiring new firefighters. The test scores will be good for one year.
- Written test $25, deadline for payment and registration TBA. Test date TBA
- PAT $75, deadline for payment and registration TBA. Test dates TBA. You will be assigned a specific time slot when you register for the PAT.
To register, call 352.742.6463. For additional information, email Ron Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org new email
Are you a professional Fire Fighter that needs a job in the Orlando area or Central Florida? Please check out the links below to find a challenging and fulfilling job in Florida.
- Florida Fire Chiefs Associationopens in a new window
- Fire & Emergency Service Jobsopens in a new window
- Internationally providing leadership to career and volunteer chiefsopens in a new window
- Florida’s one stop Fire Related Site, listing events, jobs, trainingopens in a new window
- Professional Firefighters of Lake Countyopens in a new window
- Official website of the California Fire Chiefs Associationopens in a new window
- Bureau of Fire Standards & Training, The A listopens in a new window
- National Fire Protection Assoc.opens in a new window
- Florida State Firefighters Assoc.opens in a new window
- Florida Bureau of Fire Standards & Trainingopens in a new window