Are you in need of “A Career in a Year?” Lake Technical Center’s short-term affordable training might be just the answer. Lake Technical Center is accepting student applications for the current term in the following certificate programs: Auto Collision, Repair & Refinishing; Automotive Service Technology 1 & 2; Medium & Heavy Duty Truck & Bus Technician 1 & 2; Digital Design 1 & 2; and Commercial Foods & Culinary Arts. In addition, new classes will begin soon for Phlebotomy for currently employed healthcare workers (begins 11/6/12) and Nursing Assistant Articulated/Home Health Aide (begins 10/29/12). Other programs will enroll new students for the January – June term.
The new short-term classes offered this year at Lake Tech are:
- A/C Foundations
- Adobe Photoshop Basics
- Artistic Welding, 10/23-11/13, Tuesday, 6-9 pm, $318
- 45-hour CDA Renewal (online)
- Advanced Artificial Nail Methods
- Advanced Hair Extension Methods
- Armed Security Officer Class “G”
- Creative Child Care Curriculum
- Electrical A/C Foundations
- Forklift Operator Certification, last Friday of every month, 9 am – 4 pm, $125
- Microsoft Word, 10/2-10/23, Tuesday, 6–8 pm, $75
- Microsoft Excel, 10/30-11/27, Tuesday, 6–8 pm, $75
- Security Officer Class “D”, 10/22 – 10/26 & 11/26 – 11/30, 8 am – 5 pm, $199, held at the Institute of Public Safety, 1565 Lane Park Cutoff, Tavares. Call 352-742-6463 for more information.
- Licensed Water Operator (online)
- Resume Writing, 10/11-10/18, Thursday, 3–5 pm, $35
- Structured Cabling Installer, $1168, call 352-589-2250 for more information
- Waste Water Operator (online)
EMT, Practical Nursing, Fire Fighter, Law Enforcement, and Corrections have specific application deadlines. Contact Lake Tech’s Admissions Office (352-589-2250) or Lake Tech’s Institute of Public Safety (352-742-6463) for specific admissions requirements for these programs.
Financial aid, such as Pell grants and other scholarships, may be available for those who qualify.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to complete their 2012-2013 financial aid paperwork as soon as possible by securing a PIN at www.pin.ed.govopens in a new window and then applying online at www.fafsa.ed.govopens in a new window.
Students attending a Lake County public high school, Florida private secondary school, or home school may be eligible to participate in dual enrollment if they meet required criteria. For more information, contact the Lake Tech’s Admissions Office (352-589-2250).
Adult Education classes, including English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Adult Basic Education (ABE), General Education Development (GED), and Applied Academics for Adult Education (AAAE), are available day and evening at various locations throughout Lake County. Online instruction for ABE, GED and AAAE is also available. Call 352-589-2250 for more information.
See the Orientation Program for New Students in the Admissions dropdown menu located on the home page.