Hours: 1,050 – approximately one school year (36 weeks)
Cost: Tuition is approximately $3,024.00, plus books & fees (Click to see all related charges)
Testing Requirements: Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
Location: LTC Main Campus
Mission: The mission of the Welding Technology program is to prepare students for employment or advanced training in the welding industry.
What you’ll learn
- Shop and personal safety
- Proper use of welding equipment and products
- Basic and advanced welding
- Weld positioning
- Flux-cored arc welding (FCAW or FCA)
- 6G certified pipe testing
- Gas metal arc welding (GMAW); gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW)
- Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW); metal inert gas (MIG) welding
- Tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding
- Preparation for the American Welding Society (AWS) certification exam, instruction covers 140 of the 143 Different AWS weld types
|OCP||Course Number||Course Title||Course Length|
|A||PMT0011||Welder Helper||250 hrs|
|B||PMT0012||Welder, Shielded Metal Arc||250 hrs|
|C||PMT0013||Welder, Gas-Metal Arc||125 hrs|
|D||PMT0014||Welder, Flux Cored Arc||100 hrs|
|E||PMT0015||Welder, Gas-Tungsten Arc||175 hrs|
|F||PMT0016||Welder, Pipe||270 hrs|
- American Welding Society (AWS) 6G Pipe Certifications
- Power plants
- Welding repair shops
- Bridges, boats, underwater welding
- Aviation & transportation
Vary, ranging from $35,000 to $80,000*
*Based on local industry information
Recent Employers of Graduates:
- Sunbelt Metals & Manufacturing, Inc.
- NCAD Products, Inc.
- Belew’s Welding
- Southeastern Mechanical
- Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 803
- Metro Steel & Pipe Supply, Inc.
- ARW Welding, US Conveyor Solutions, Inc.
- G&T Conveyor Co., Inc.
- Outback Metal Fabrication
- South East Fabricators
Completion Rate* – 89%
Placement Rate* – 77%
Licensure Pass Rate* – N/A
For employment information, visit www.onetonline.org
*Data as reported to COE and is updated annually in December of each calendar year.
Required Book List
Steps to Enroll
- Apply for financial aid, if applicable
- Complete the online application
- Take the TABE and/or placement tests
- Meet with a counselor/career advisor
- Register and pay tuition and fees
- Purchase books and supplies
- Complete the new student orientation online prior to the first day of class
- Name: John Dahler
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: 352.589.2250, x1864