Hours: 1,170 – approximately one school year (36 weeks)
Cost: Tuition is approximately $3,370.00, plus books & fees (Click to see all related charges)
Testing Requirements: Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
Location: LTC Main Campus
Mission: The mission of the Applied Welding Technologies program is to prepare students for employment or advanced training in the welding industry.
What you’ll learn
- Shop and personal safety
- Proper use of welding equipment and products
- Basic and advanced welding
- Weld positioning
- Flux-cored arc welding (FCAW or FCA)
- 6G certified pipe testing
- Gas metal arc welding (GMAW); gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW)
- Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW); metal inert gas (MIG) welding
- Tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding
- Preparation for the American Welding Society (AWS) certification exam, instruction covers 140 of the 143 Different AWS weld types
|OCP||Course Number||Course Title||Course Length|
|A||PMT0011||Welder Helper||250 hrs|
|B||PMT0012||Welder, Shielded Metal Arc||250 hrs|
|C||PMT0013||Welder, Gas-Metal Arc||125 hrs|
|D||PMT0014||Welder, Flux Cored Arc||100 hrs|
|E||PMT0015||Welder, Gas-Tungsten Arc||175 hrs|
|F||PMT0016||Welder, Pipe||270 hrs|
- American Welding Society (AWS) 6G Pipe Certifications
- Power plants
- Welding repair shops
- Bridges, boats, underwater welding
- Aviation & transportation
Vary, ranging from $35,000 to $80,000*
*Based on local industry information
Recent Employers of Graduates:
- Sunbelt Metals & Manufacturing, Inc.
- NCAD Products, Inc.
- Belew’s Welding
- Southeastern Mechanical
- Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 803
- Metro Steel & Pipe Supply, Inc.
- ARW Welding, US Conveyor Solutions, Inc.
- G&T Conveyor Co., Inc.
- Outback Metal Fabrication
- South East Fabricators
Completion Rate* – 94.29%
Placement Rate* - 84.85%
Licensure Pass Rate* – N/A
For employment information, visit www.onetonline.org
*Data as reported to COE and is updated annually in December of each calendar year.
Required Book List
For the most recent book list for the Applied Welding Technologies program, visit Lake Technical Center’s online Bookstore and Marketplace.
Steps to Enroll
- Apply for financial aid, if applicable
- Complete the online application
- Take the TABE and/or placement tests
- Meet with a counselor/career advisor
- Register and pay tuition and fees
- Purchase books and supplies
- Complete the new student orientation online prior to the first day of class
- Name: John Dahler
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: 352.589.2250, x1864