Creative Minded Craftsman
Marine Designs Inc.
5640 SW 25th Street
West Park FL, 33023
Ph: 954-987-9429; Fax: 954-987-0406
Job Description Summary: Henrique Production & Design is currently seeking an experienced craftsman to join our team. Our business has over 30 years of experience and we are expanding into a new venture and will require that talents of a Creative Minded Craftsman.
- This individual must possess the desire to work with metals, wood, glass, and other materials.
- Our work spread consists of 60% aluminum, 30% stainless steel, 5% mild steel, 5% brass, copper and other materials.
- We are constantly presented with unique and one of a kind projects and we are seeking an open minded and creative craftsman to assist.
Education and Experience
- A one year certificate from a college or technical school and a minimum of 3 years related experience is mandatory to be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience working in a sheet metal shop on welding.
- Able to perform basic computations and understand technical measurements.
- Maintain adequate levels of performance with and without direct supervision.
- Able to work well under pressure, adhere to deadlines and be flexible.
- Must be able to take and follow instructions well.
- Fluent in English, reading and writing, bilingual a plus.
- Fork Lift Operation.
- Must possess initiative and use time effectively.
- Must know occupational safety and standards.
- Must be able to translate drawings to place into fabrication and create a good part without assistance.
- Must be able to work from blueprint, sketch drawings, templates or samples to produce a quality finished product.
- Must have pride in craftsmanship and quality of work completed.
- Experience in machine setup and operation of press brake, shear and punch welding machines.
- 90% of work performed with TIG process and 10% with MIG and TIG processes
- Must be able to weld in all positions.
- Must understand the proper setup of leads and optimization of weld balance settings according to tungsten diameter.
- Must be able to prepare all joints for welding depending on circumstance of full or minimal penetration.
The ideal candidate for this position will be required to occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more occasionally.
- Health Insurance Benefits after 180 days
- Paid Holidays