(LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER TO CORRECTIONS OFFICER)
Location: LTC’s Institute of Public Safety, Tavares, FL 32778
- Provide a copy of your Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission Certificate of Compliance for Law Enforcement. (If you are not currently certified, you will need to bring a copy of your Training Completion Certificate and a copy of your State Exam results.)
- Applicants must take the mandatory FDLE Law Enforcement State Test CJBAT at the Lake Tech main campus (Fee required.)
- Provide a copy of your valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Provide a letter on your agency’s letterhead stating that you are employed and have completed the background investigation and drug screening.
- If you are a candidate not working for an agency, you will need a drug screening analysis, background check.
- Register and pay your fees at the Lake Tech Institute of Public Safety Office between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm Monday through Friday.
- Students must be registered no later than Friday two weeks before class begins.
Registration will be on a FIRST COME/FIRST PAY BASIS. You will NOT be considered registered until you have paid the total registration fees. We will NOT hold a seat for anyone. THERE IS A LIMIT OF 25 SEATS FOR THIS CLASS. If you pay your fees and cannot attend, it would be appreciated if you contact this office as soon as possible. If the class is full and you would like to be put on a waiting list in case of cancellations, you must contact this office.
Call 352-742-6463 for more information.
|Licensure Pass Rate||75%|
|Cost||Registration Fee $10
Facility Use Fee $10
Background Check $44
Drug Screen $46.50
Approximate Books/Supplies $54.00
Licensure Fee (after graduation) $100.00
Approximate Total Program Cost: $753.62
*Data as reported to COE and is updated annually in December of each calendar year.