What is the TABE?
- Is a 2-1/2 hour test
- That measures competency in reading, math, and language
- It provides us with information to customize your learning experience
- It is a requirement for most Career and Technical Education Programs
- The TABE is given each MONDAY from 8 am to 5:30 pm and on WEDNESDAY from 8 am to 2 pm at the main campus in Eustis; and on Tuesday from 8 am to 2 pm and Thursday 8:00 am to 5:30 pm at the Lake Tech South campus in Mascotte. No appointment is necessary. Bring a Photo ID.
- The TABE is $20 for Lake Tech students and $50 for those referred from an outside agency.
- Applicants under 18-years-old must submit an application signed by a parent or guardian.
- High school students must submit a completed application signed by a high school counselor and a parent or guardian.
- No cell phones are allowed in the testing lab.
- No children are allowed in the testing lab.
TABE retests occur on the recommendation of your instructor (ABE/GED/AAAE). Those who do not receive instruction must wait 3 months to re-take the test.
TABE scores are valid for two years.
For a free TABE study guide click here.