Passing the General Educational Development Test (GED) qualifies candidates to receive a State of Florida High School Diploma. The maximum testing time for the complete examination is approximately 7½ hours. Special editions and accommodations may be requested as needed. The examination consists of five competency areas and is administered over two testing sessions; which are as follows (with time allotment):
Language Arts/Writing – 120 minutes
Science – 80 minutes
Social Studies -70 minutes
Language Arts/Reading – 65 minutes
Mathematics – 90 minutes
A total of 2250 points with a minimum standard score of 410 on each section of the test is required to pass the GED.
- Attend an orientation session (at Lake Tech – 2001 Kurt Street, Eustis) to register.
- Pay $70 ($14/competency area for re-testers). We accept personal checks, debit cards, and MasterCard, Visa, & Discover credit cards.
- All candidates must bring a valid driver’s license, a valid passport or other form of government-issued identification that shows name, address, date of birth, signature and photograph.
- A social security card is needed to verify the candidate’s social security number on the official GED transcript after testing, but is not required to take the test.
Testing is on a first come, first serve basis. Test dates fill up fast. Placement is subject to availability.
- Take the test on the scheduled date for which you registered (Not during the same registration session as Step 1).
- Consider your Career Path options.
After the test
- Test results will be mailed to you in 6-8 weeks after you complete the test.
- To request your GED transcript or additional copies of your diploma, follow this link (you are now leaving the Lake Tech site).
GED Test Orientation Dates at the Main Campus
|April 15||Monday||5:30 pm|
|April 26||Friday||8:30 am|
|April 29||Monday||5:30 pm|
|May 10||Friday||8:30 am|
|May 13||Monday||5:30 pm|
|May 24||Friday||8:30 am|
|June 7||Friday||8:30 am|
|June 10||Monday||5:30 pm|