The mission of Lake Technical College is to be an integral component of the economic growth and development in our community by offering a variety of high quality career-training opportunities.
Lake Tech became a public charter school in July 2004 and is governed by its Charter Board under the sponsorship of the LCSB as authorized by Florida School Law 1002.34. In addition, Lake Tech relies on guidance from program advisory committees in order to provide industry-standard training that addresses the needs of business, industry and the community.
- We believe in education and work.
- We believe in careful assessment of abilities and interests so that all students may formulate realistic occupational goals.
- We believe in equal access to training programs and in providing comprehensive support services.
- We believe in providing an active learning environment that develops technical skills, academic skills and effective work habits.
- We believe in continuous program and curriculum revision based upon input from employers, advisory committee members, concerned citizens, students and school personnel.
- We believe in innovative teaching methods that prepare students to meet industry standards.
- We believe in lifelong learning, responsible citizenship and promoting individual self-worth to help our students become productive citizens in today’s global society.
To be the premier provider in a collaborative effort for workforce development in our community.